Abrasive Air Blasting Equipment
Quality equipment for precision surface finishing
Empire Abrasive Equipment
Stanley Industries is a proud distributor of Empire Abrasive Equipment. Empire specializes in the design and manufacture of air-blast equipment, serving as an industry leader for almost 75 years. With the most extensive product line in the world, they offer engineered sandblast equipment, sandblasters, automated machinery, robotic blasters, portables and cabinets.
Selecting the Right Abrasive Air Blasting Equipment
Selecting the right equipment depends on many factors. Our team can help you evaluate the size, shape, and volume of work, the level of automation required along with the desired surface finish. Empire equipment sales are supported with training, technical service, turnkey installation and lab testing. When you need advice, maintenance or spare parts, our team is available to provide assistance.
Pro-Finish® Blast Cabinets
- If your operations involve cleaning with chemicals, acid etching or dipping, liquid honing, wire brushing, sanding, deburring, grinding or peening, moving up to a Pro-Finish® cabinet will normally expedite work, improve quality and eliminate the environmental problems associated with chemical finishing.
- Built for production blasting, these rugged cabinets enable you to perform a long list of tasks ranging from blending surface flaws to removing foreign matter, such as carbon from pistons, without affecting tolerances. By simply varying air pressure and blast media, you can perform almost any surface finishing job more quickly and precisely than with alternative methods.
- Pro-Finish cabinets can be specified with either suction or pressure blast systems - a pressure system being the preferred choice for faster production and more precise control of media at both high and low operating pressures. In addition, they are available in seven sizes and loaded with standard features that reduce operating and maintenance costs.
- Modular design, plus an extensive range of factory options, lets you select a system that's just right for your applications.
- Reduce Operator Fatigue
- Extend Productive Working Hours
- Ergo-Blast cabinets accent the scope of Empire's Pro-Finish® line, the world's most rugged, reliable and versatile blast-cabinet system. By focusing on operator performance, Ergo-Blast cabinets give manufacturers an edge in many hands-on processes.
- Designed for sit-down blasting, these ergonomic cabinets include a padded armrest, an elevated foot rest for treadle control, top-entry piping for less arm stress, a sound dampener to reduce noise and a front mounted pressure regulator - all aimed at improving operator comfort and performance during long, repetitive blast cycles.
- In addition to supporting operators, Ergo-Blast cabinets include all Pro-Finish® features, such as a tunable media reclaimer which adjusts to recover a wide range of abrasives. You also have the choice of a pressure or suction blast system, three methods of dust collection, and many options to fit your specific application.
ProFormer™ Blast Cabinets
- Consolidate all Systems in One Enclosure
- Move Easily between Work Areas
- Hook Up with Only Two Connections
- Empire ProFormer™ cabinets put it all together in a single assembly that's easy to move and simple to hook up. These cabinets require only two connections, air and electrical, and include features offered in our high production Pro-Finish® line. Plus, they come in two sizes: the 3642 with interior working dimensions of 36 inches deep by 42 inches wide by 48 inches high and its bigger brother, the 4652, with working space of 46 inches by 52 inches by 48 inches.
- Both include a tunable media reclaimer, capable of recycling a variety of abrasives, and a cartridge-type dust collector, monitored by a minihelic gauge, contained in the same enclosure as the cabinet, along with all electrical and pneumatic interconnections between components. Forklift slots are also provided, making these units easy to move between work stations.
- The dust-collector filtration system is designed for easy maintenance. Filters can be pulse-cleaned with the press of a button. When filters need replacement, they can be changed quickly and cleanly with a twist of two nuts. The filters slide into the cabinet where any loose dust falls into the cabinet, not onto the work floor.
- Designed for production blasting, these versatile cabinets enable you to perform multiple tasks. You can clean or peen and perform almost any finishing job in between by simply varying air pressure and blast media.
- These rugged cabinets can be specified with either suction- or pressure-blast systems and a wide range of standard factory options.
- Rotary blast head delivers tremendous coverage while conserving compressed air. When the application calls for it, our rotary head will outperform any horizontal-nozzle oscillator, including our own, by reducing the number of blast guns and energy required for the job. Our rotary heads contribute to the outstanding performance of our in-line conveyor, continuous turntable and batch turntable machines.
- The rotary head system was originally pioneered by Empire over 35 years ago. This unique method of blasting ensures complete part coverage, even with irregular shaped parts. Blasting is accomplished through Empire’s MH-3 suction type blast guns. The rotary head configuration is available in 4, 6 and 9 gun arrangements. These guns are mounted on a rotating assembly which includes media flow regulators and universally adjustable arms to position each blast gun. Each gun can be manually turned on and off to reduce air consumption when processing non complex parts. Once locked into place, the guns will not change position due to vibration, inertial loads, or other forces normal to the system. The head speed is easily adjustable from 0-60 RPM. The rotary head can be adapted to a variety of platforms shown below.
- Utilizes Empire's MH-3 suction type blast guns
- Head configuration is available in 4, 6, and 9 gun arrangements.
- Head speed is adjustable between 0-60 RPM.
- Used in a variety of platforms such as:
- Batch Style Systems
- Continuous Turntable Systems
- In Line Belt Processing Systems
- Two Head Systems
- Dual Cart Systems
- Customs Systems
Package Blast Room Systems
If you do not have the time and/or manpower to install a field erected blast room, Empire offers fully welded package blast rooms. These enclosures are manufactured using #11 gauge wall and ceiling panels. Package blast rooms are available in a variety of sizes up to 12 ½’ wide x 20’ long x 10’ high.
With any Empire blast room, you can select from a range of proven components for media recovery and reclamation. Additionally we offer a complete range of accessories and options designed to maximize productivity within different working environments.
After your blasting facility is operational, you can count on Empire for everything that’s needed to maintain the system at peak efficiency.
Field Erected Blast Room Systems
If one of our pre-engineered (PEB) or standard package blast rooms is just not right for you, we will custom engineer a field erected blasting facility to meet your unique production and dimensional requirements. With over 75 years experience manufacturing blast systems, you can be assured Empire will provide a balanced system with no compatibility problems.
With an Empire blast room, you can select from a range of field proven components for ventilation, media recovery, reclamation, media delivery and safety equipment. Additionally we offer a complete range of accessories and options designed to maximize productivity within different working environments.
After your custom blasting facility is operational, you can count on Empire for everything that’s needed to maintain your system at peak efficiency.
Single Piece Flow Cell Machines
- Empire's single-station cell machines serve as just one example of how we meet the ever-changing demands of manufacturers worldwide. Our cell machines reduce inventory requirements and conserve floor space, giving many customers the winning edge in an increasingly competitive global marketplace.
- Empire’s new SPF (Single Piece Flow) 3830 System lets users enjoy the benefits of automated airblasting at an attractive price. With its roomy enclosure, adjustable blast envelope and multiple processing controls, the SPF 3830 outperforms manual air-blasting in many applications requiring consistent, repeatable results. The multi-tasking SPF 3830 often processes a variety of parts within a single production facility, making it ideal for companies with short runs on many parts.
- Like Empire’s SPF 3830 System, the 2424 Model delivers the repeatability of automated air blasting, but in a simpler design and at a lower price – all without compromising on essentials such as media reclamation and dust collection.
Shot Peening Systems
- Air-blast peening systems with advanced computer-control, blast-coverage and
material-handling features that not only increase productivity, but also assure repeatability—a major concern in these quality-intensive applications affecting
the structural integrity of critical components.
- Empire has specialized in shot peen equipment for close to 50 years. Though the visual appeal of a shot peening machine is very similar to a conventional ‘blast cleaning’ machine, the process is quite different. Shot peening is all about controlling the process of blasting. Shot peening is driven, protected and monitored by audits and specifications. Conformance to such audits and specifications is the only way one can achieve repeatable, accurate and consistent peening results. At the core of all blasting processes is the concept of transferring impact energy on to the component being processed. In shot peening, we monitor and control this impact energy by its major constituents – air pressure, media flow rate, constant media size, media shape and several other parameters. Empire offers a variety of platforms to meet any customers part configurations and specifications.
- Shot peening is driven, protected and monitored by audits and specifications.
- Monitors and controls impact energy by its major constituents – air pressure, media flow rate, constant media size, media shape and several other parameters.
Indexing Turntable Machines
- Indexing Turntable systems have been a staple in the manufacturing industry for many years. An indexing turntable provides precise positioning of the work piece in front of blasting nozzles for guaranteed repeatability of process requirements. These units allow for a variety of loading and unloading options, ranging from simple manual operation to more sophisticated robotic operations.
- Empire offers a variety of standard platforms along with custom systems to accomodate almost any size work piece. Depending on customers production requirements, configurations can range from 2 -24 rotating part stations. Along with precise positioning of the indexing turntable, the rotating part stations add to the assurance of quality and complete part coverage during the blasting cycle. These systems also allow for a variety of nozzle manipulation packages ranging from simple stationary nozzles, horizontal/vertical linear operations to more sophisticated robotic movement.
- This programmable, indexing turntable machine reduces per-unit cleaning costs on piston rebuilds by over 30 percent compared to previous methods.
- By coordinating the movements of 16 blast guns, oscillating vertically and horizontally, with spinning work stations on a rotating platform, the system ensures thorough coverage and fast cleaning in a single pass.
- Eight guns oscillating vertically clean the sides and skirts of the pistons. The guns sweeping horizontally clean tops and interiors.
Batch Processing Machines
- Our batch processing systems, which include both continuous and indexing turntable machines, are ideal for parts requiring long blast cycles. In the typical work scenario, the operator loads work pieces onto the turntable, sets the timer, starts the machine and returns when the cycle is completed. By adding a blowoff manifold and timer, which automatically remove residual material from the part and turntable, the operator is freed from the often dusty task of manual blow-off.
- Empire's PF-4848-RS with a 36-inch turntable, our PF-6060-RS with a 48-inch turntable and the PF- 7272-RS with a 60-inch turntable feature rotating blast guns that assure even coverage. Blast-head and tablerotation speeds are both variable to meet a wide range of production requirements. Rotary blast heads for these machines are available with four, six or nine blast guns.
- Model PF-4848-RS
- 36-inch Turntable
- Model PF-6060-RS
- 46-inch Turntable
- Model PF-7272-RS
- 60-inch Turntable
- All available with 4, 6, or nine blast guns.
Continuous Processing Machines
- Turntable and in-line machines for continuous processing. These systems can be loaded and unloaded manually, equipped with robotic arms or designed as an integral part of the production line.
- Our continuous turntable machines come in four standard models with table diameters ranging from 36 inches up to 108 inches. Larger units are available with two rotary blast heads. The heads can be oriented to perform separate functions, such as blasting the interior and exterior of parts at the same
time. Standard features include a rubber cabinet lining and a urethane coating on the turntable for extended service life.
- Comes with four standard models with differing table diameters.
- 36" to 108" table diameters
- Large units available with two rotary blast heads.
- Urethane coating for extended service life.
BBO Basket Blasters
- Automate Finishing of Small Parts
- Process 15 Pounds of Parts per Cycle
- Conserve Space and Capital
- If you're looking for a fast, efficient, economical method for finishing small parts, check out one of Empire's BBO Basket Blasters. To finish parts, you simply drop them into the BBO's nine-inch by nine-inch basket, set the time, and let these table-top work savers do the rest. As parts rotate through an abrasive blast stream, they are cleaned, peened or finished evenly and automatically. By varying air pressure and abrasive media, you control the type of finish as well as required processing times.
- Beyond freeing you from the tedious chore of processing parts manually, Empire's BBO Basket Blasters save you time and money in other ways. They are inexpensive, come fully assembled and ready to operate, require only a two-horsepower compressor, use less electricity than a 150-watt light bulb, and meet OSHA requirements.
- BBO Basket Blasters come in two OSHA compliant models: a BBO-1 with dust bag, and a BBO-2 with a cartridge dust collection system that provides cleaner, more efficient operation. Both Basket Blasters are recommended for applications where blasting is performed two to three hours per day.
BB2 & BB4 Basket Blasters
- Accelerate Finishing of Small Parts
- Process 300 Pounds Plus per Cycle
- Deliver Repeatable Results
- Empire's BB2 and BB4 Basket Blasters automate cleaning, peening and finishing of small workpieces. With certain types of parts, no other finishing method can compare to these heavy-duty production machines in terms of speed and quality results.
- Operation is simple: Load parts into the unit, set the precision timer, and the Basket Blaster does the rest. By tumbling parts within abrasive blast streams, these machines deliver consistent finishes - automatically.
- Empire's heavy-duty Basket Blasters feature an unloading chute to speed parts handling and a polyurethane-lined media reclaimer supported by rugged ductwork to reduce maintenance requirements.
- Two models are available: a BB4-3K with a 350-pound parts capacity and three pneumatically controlled oscillating blast nozzles that increase production rates while reducing power consumption, and a smaller BB2-3K unit with two fixed nozzles and a capacity of 300 pounds.
Put either unit to work and your parts finishing costs should start to take a tumble right away.
Pre-Engineered Blast Booths (PEB)
Empire’s Pre-Engineered Blast Booths (PEB) feature all the essentials for OSHA compliant blast rooms at a fraction of the cost. For many applications, requiring strict environmental and safety compliance, Empire’s PEB booths offer an attractive alternative to makeshift enclosures or higher priced custom blast rooms. After choosing your PEB size you can then choose from a list of standard booth options, dust collection systems, blast and recovery systems along with operator safety equipment. Because these systems are pre-engineered, they can ship in 6-8 weeks, almost half the time of a custom engineered system. See below for pictures and additional information.